April 30, 2020
Like many others, I to had big plans for the year 2020. My plans for this year included travel, career development and completion of my first half marathon, just to name a few. However, with the growing uncertainty of COVID-19 this has all come to a devastating halt!
At Bodyfit VIC we understand how overwhelming it is trying to grasp the magnitude of the COVID-19 virus and how abruptly life and “normality” as we knew it, changed for the foreseeable future. We all miss the familiarity of our gym communities, seeing loved ones and catching up with our besties over a coffee. We totally get it, hang in there! We will get through this together.
Right now, more than ever, it is important to maintain your daily exercise routine to the best of your ability. Even if that means swapping a dumbbell for a small child, or a step for a stack of books. You can make it work and our experienced Exercise Physiologists at Bodyfit VIC are here to help you!
Here are a few reasons why it is important to keep moving whilst the entire world tackles this pandemic:
- Exercise can improve your immune system, meaning it is active in fighting off unwanted infection and optimising your health and wellbeing.
- Exercise can help to manage stress levels and boost your mood. When we exercise, we release chemicals called endorphins which trigger positive reactions within the body. Unfortunately, we have seen this pandemic increase stress levels of all Australians and trigger mental health concerns for many. If there ever was an important time to move the body – that time is now! Regular movement can help to reduce the heaviness of stress, as well as feelings of anxiety and depression.
- Regular movement can improve your sleeping patterns. Exercise has been proven to not only boost your sleep duration but also your sleep quality!
We have discussed WHY it is important to continue moving the body during this pandemic, now we want to provide you with some suggestions on HOW to get the body moving. First, a piece of advice – don’t over complicate it! Check out the tips we have listed below:
- Head outdoors and go for a walk. Fresh air is best and if you have a furry friend they will love you for it.
- Climb a set of stairs (whilst imagining your walking up the You Yang’s).
- Complete the Bodyfit ISO Home Workout! You can increase the challenge of the workout by holding onto a pot plant, couple of bricks or a bucket filled with canned food. We also mentioned a small child earlier – still here for it. Check out the Bodyfit Iso Workout below.
Why not take advantage of the autumn weather we have left and get outdoors and explore the beautiful town you live in? Or better yet, contact the team at Bodyfit VIC on 03 5243 3355 and let us help to keep you moving!
At Bodyfit VIC we are still conducting one-on-one consultations in our clinic space whilst making sure we abide by the social-distancing guidelines. Alternatively, we are able to conduct consultations via Telehealth (video or phone). Please don’t hesitate to get in touch to chat more about these options.
Click the link below to check out the Isolation Home Workout!
Bodyfit VIC Iso Home Workout
Don’t forget to also check out the Bodyfit Vic Instagram page (@bodyfit_vic) for some Iso Home Workouts and Bodyfit VIC updates!